If you’re looking for a compromise between leggings and sweatpants, the answer is simple: joggers for men. Joggers are versatile, athletic-style pants that can be dressed up or down, depending on the activity. Combining comfort, style, and performance, men’s joggers might just become your new go-to.
What Are Joggers?
Joggers were originally just a version of sweatpants, but they quickly evolved into their own independent category. Now, there are a variety of jogger options available for you to choose from, including the types listed below.
Designed with performance fabrics to wick away excess moisture and sweat, athletic joggers are the MVP of fitness pants. You can also expect to see features like ventilation for airflow and odor-resistant fabrics. These sportier joggers are specifically designed for working out, running, or playing sports.
For the stylish couch potato, loungewear joggers are king. Joggers for lounging are characterized by a looser, more relaxed fit and constructed with comfortable fabrics so you can maximize your chill without distraction.
In between dressy joggers and loungewear joggers lives the casual joggers. These everyday pants are perfect for running errands, meeting up for lunch with friends, or staying comfortable on long travel days.
Men’s joggers also exist in dressier versions that can be an option for date night or even work if you style them appropriately. Dressy joggers are more tailored, more structured, and typically use sturdier fabrics. These jazzed-up joggers can be worn to parties, dinners, and even a casual work meeting.
How Should Joggers Fit?
The fit and feel of your joggers can make or break your outfit and comfort. Here are some men’s joggers fit tips:
- Tapering: Joggers should narrow in at a taper just above your ankles. Ideally, the taper is close-fitting and shows a little bit above your ankles.
- Happy Medium: You’ll need to find a happy medium between a fit that outlines your body but also isn’t skin tight. You should be able to move around freely.
- Waistband: The waistband of your joggers should sit on your hips. Some joggers might have an elastic waistband that stretches, while others may have a drawstring you can use to adjust your fit.
- Watch the Crotch: Aiming for a more casual, athletic look? You can choose joggers with a looser crotch that droops slightly. For a put-together aesthetic, aim for a closer-fitting crotch that sits closer to the outline of your lower body.
How to Style Joggers For Men
Styling joggers for men takes a little thought, but you can make it work with a balanced approach.
- For a Casual Meal Out: Pair looser joggers with a well-fitted t-shirt or crewneck sweatshirt to complement your pants. Add sneakers to complete your sporty look.
- For Laid-Back Business Meetings: Add a short-sleeved button-up and a loose-fitting blazer to make your joggers more business-appropriate.
- For Date Night: Add a sweater or a polo shirt to dress up your joggers along with a piece of structured outerwear like a denim jacket.
Find Your Perfect Men’s Joggers
Joggers provide a different, unique silhouette that can complement a variety of body types and styles. At Fabletics, you can find the ideal pair of joggers to take you from day to night, the gym, and more.
Shop related products on Fabletics.com
Men’s Tights Men’s Joggers & Sweatpants Athletic ShortsUnlined Shorts Lined Shorts